Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sweet Home Alabama!!!

The kids and I spent last week in Alabama. We left in hopes to give Daddy some "study time." He takes his PE exam the 24th. Cross your fingers!

We had a fun-filled week:

Blair dyed eggs with Noni. That's when we discovered Blair's love for eggs. Noni taught her how to make "doubled eggs" (aka deviled eggs), which are Papa's favorite. Little did we know they would became Blair's too. She also LOVES a hard-boiled egg. Then on top of that she started dipping the hard-boiled egg into a dressing...yuck, huh?!?!?! I think Blair enjoyed eating the egg more than dying and decorating it. Needless to say, it was all FUN!

There is no way to express how much my kids LOVE the outdoors. What I didn't know is how much fun they have when it's raining! Papa took the kids outside one night and it started raining. The next thing I know Papa is telling us to get the camera. Here's what we found.

You never know what Blair will want to do (or get into) next. This trip she decided to take an intrest in Noni's make-up. Noni put together a little make-up bag for Blair that she loves to play with each time she goes to visit....but this time she wanted a little more. She does have sensitive skin so Noni let her put baby powder on her face, but to Blair it was "make-up."

The kids love going to Noni and Papa's house. One of the biggest reasons is to see Buddy, the dog. Buddy is very loved by the kids, but I know he's got to be releaved when their gone. Logan loves to pull Buddy's tail and give him kisses.
Papa built the kids a tent one night before bedtime. Blair loves tents, especially when she can get inside with LOTS of books and her baby dolls. Logan loves going in and out, in and out, in and out. The funny thing is, he doesn't realize to duck his head to get under so he's constantly knocking it down.I think this is the longest post ever, so I'm stopping here. You get the idea of what a FUN trip we had. But........
I have to say HAPPY 60TH BIRTHDAY, to the best Noni in the world. My kids are so lucky and blessed to have her as their grandmother. Not to mention how lucky I am to have the best mother-in law ever! We love you, Noni!

7 comments:

Jenn said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. We missed you at Yum Yum Friday night! That's hilarious how much Blair like hard boiled eggs now! Yuck! :) Love the last picture of Logan, he's a doll!

Becca said...

Ohhh I miss your kids! Blair's make-up looks very good. She will have to teach Abbey how to put it on in the future. :-)

It sounds like you three had lots of fun in AL, but we are so glad to have you back in BG!

Happy B'day wishes to Becky from the Bouldin's.

The Dew Family said...

Looks like you had a great time in AL. I agree with Becca...we are glad to have you all back in BG though!!! You were only gone for a few days, but we have missed you 3!

I love all the pictures of Logan and Blair...they have the cutest expressions!

We've got our fingers crossed for Jared.

Jenn said...

Yes, he did wear the wig. It was all your mom's doing, but it was hilarious and I did get pictures!

Courtney said...

Sounds like a great trip! I'm glad y'all had a good time! Blair looks so sweet dying her eggs! Caroline loves eggs too--she will eat and eat when she's got eggs on her plate!

Logan is just such a handsome little man---he's growing up too fast! He is so sweet La---and I still think he looks like your dad!

I love the new look you've given your blog--very nice!

Courtney said...

I'm not sure how to change the comments. I looked in my dashboard and under comments there are some choices, but the "embedded under post" one wouldn't let me change it because I had "posts page" disabled--but I don't know how to inable it, so I'm stuck! I'm sorry! Try and play around with it and you might be able to get it! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Your blog is absolutely adorable! I've been meaning to tell you, so I thought I would post a little anonymous comment since I don't have one. :) It looks like y'all had a big time in Florence. Seriously, we need to plan a trip down there soon. That would be so much fun! Maybe when it gets a little warmer.
Megan