Monday, April 27, 2009

Gifts from Daddy!

Since Jared has been busy studying for the past few months (the last month being the worst), we haven't seen a whole lot of him. The day before his big test he left a day early to spend the night in a hotel (since the test was in Louisville), so he wouldn't have to get up so early the day of the test. He came home Thursday to pack his bags and see the kids for a few minutes before he left. When he drove off Blair stood at the window and fussed (for what seemed like forever) about her Daddy leaving her behind. Then she looked at me and said, "Dad said to look in the car." I thought that was a random thing for her to say, so I figured he probably did tell her that. Blair and I went to the garage and opened up the back doors where the kids car seats are. Much to our surprise there was a bag of 100 balls in Logan's seat and a huge box in Blair's seat. Inside the box was a big blow-up toy that you can jump in (don't know what it's called). Blair was so excited she was screaming. Of course she immediately wanted to try it out....so since Jared was gone, we got in the car and headed to my parents house to try it out!!!! These pictures can tell the rest of the story!

Of course Blair thought it was the coolest gift EVER and all Logan wanted to do was go in and out of the little hole.

Of course I have the sweetest husband ever....I didn't even think about opening my door of the car, but thought how nice it was of him to think of the kids. When we got in the car to leave for my parents house to try out the new toy, in MY seat was a gift certificate to one of our nicest Spa's in town. The one hour Swedish massgae is calling my name. Thanks, Daddy!

6 comments:

Courtney said...

What a sweet Daddy! That bouncy toy looks like SO MUCH FUN! I bet they have an absolute blast playing in it. Enjoy your massage!

I CAN'T WAIT until y'all get here! :) Love you!

Noni said...

What a thoughtful, sweet, adorable, loving husband and father!!! I think he must have had a good role model! :)
Adorable pictures. The toy looks like something Noni needs at her house.

Nikki Dew said...

Aww....what a WONDERFUL husband and dad! This is one of the sweetest stories I've heard in a while.

The toy (what ever it’s called) looks like so much fun!!! If I was you, I would have been tempted to crawl in there with them. Lol!

We've got our fingers crossed for passing test results! When does he find out?

Rands said...

how fun! Surprises are the best!! (and let's be honest, so are massages!) Come to think of it, Daniel's had about a million tests since we've been married and I've never had any surprises... hmmm... tell jared to give him a call!

Micah said...

Wow! What a great daddy! (and husband!)

Becca said...

That was so thoughtful of him! Abbey had fun playing in it on Saturday night even though all she could do was sit there, fall over and chew on the balls. :-)